What is a Responsive Web Design and Why Is It Important?
BY Chris Loomis
A responsive web design is a technique that allows an internet site to provide an optimal viewing experience across the broadest range of devices. It uses fluid grids, flexible images, and media queries.
No websites are the same. Each has different needs, which means it also requires additional features. An eCommerce store needs an inventory control feature, which a digital marketing website does not.
Regardless of the features and other specific needs, every website should have one thing in common: a mobile-friendly and responsive web design. This post will discuss how a responsive web design should work and why it is important.
What Is a Responsive Website Design?
A website is considered responsive if you can browse through the website on all types of devices. A responsive web design makes the site responsive to user behavior and environment. It should utilize images and layouts that adjust to varying screen sizes, orientations, and platforms depending on the device used to access the site.
As we already know, more and more people access the Internet through their smartphones or tablets. This means web developers should aim to create responsive websites as they can make or break a business. Business owners should prioritize creating a simpler but responsive web design optimized across multiple devices to ensure the brands’ success.
Why You Should Have a Responsive Web Design
Regardless of one’s nature of business, all of them should aim to have a responsive web design. Some of the most important benefits of having a responsive website design are the following:
- Provides a seamless and consistent navigating experience which means anyone can go back to your website effortlessly no matter what device they use
- Easier to manage as there’s no need to worry about maintaining multiple versions
- Higher ranking on SERPs as more than half of Google’s searchers use mobile devices.
- More scaleability as a responsive website can respond to new devices efficiently.
How to Make Your Website Responsive to All Devices
Here are tips for creating a responsive website:
- Design your website with mobile in mind. This means you should create a website designed for the smallest screen and work your way up.
- Remove unnecessary codes or content and retain features that offer functionality such as navigation menus, product pages, etc.
- Keep your UI as simple and user-friendly as possible. Some of the most important UI design tips include:
- Knowing your users and how they use your interface.
- Setting expectations
- Not ignoring standards
- Making the interface easy to learn and navigate
- Thinking about proper element size and placements
- An intuitive website should have the following characteristics:
- Speed and reliability
- Easy navigation
- Compelling storytelling
- Strong brand and personality
Website owners should invest and take time to create responsive web designs. Not only can it make one’s browsing and navigation experience pleasant, but it also can save you time and money from constant maintenance.
That means a responsive web design is also low maintenance and versatile. So, to make your website stand out and ensure your brand’s success, build a responsive website across all devices. Contact a professional digital marketing agency in Franklin, TN, for your digital marketing needs.
10 PROVEN STRATEGIES TO EXPLODE YOUR SALES IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS!
FREE BOOK | Just Cover the Shipping!
Get it Before It's Gone!